Court Earns FCAC Poster Child of the Month Award
Family Court Presiding Judge Matthew J. Gary recited a laundry list of family court services cuts in an exclusive, February 2012 presentation to attorneys from the Sacramento County Bar Association Family Law Section.
- Family Court Services (FCS) is down two mediators and has no ability to replace them.
- Public counter wait times routinely exceed five hours.
- Processing of drop box legal documents may be delayed for days or weeks due to lack of staff resources.
- Court phones are shut off at noon for lack of staff to field calls.
- The branch law library was closed.
- The Computer Room at the Self-Help Center was closed.
- The Self-Help Center itself is now serving 10,000 fewer litigants than in years past due to the lack of resources.
- The court no longer pulls retention or related files for hearings because of the lack of staff in the court's records unit. This means that the court routinely does not have the entire file for review at a hearing.
For the full article, click Read more >> below...
And the FCAC Poster Child of the Month Award goes to...
|Family Court Presiding Judge Matthew J. Gary|
"Gary characterizes his legal philosophy as favoring judicial restraint. Among the U.S. Supreme Court justices whom he admires are Antonin Scalia..." Sacramento Lawyer magazine, November/December 2007